(effective May 23, 2018)
VICI Valco Instruments, VICI AG International, VICI DBS, VICI Precision Sampling and VICI Metronics (also referred to in this document as “VICI”) will use their best endeavors to safeguard the privacy of our customers, vendors and other entities business-relationships are maintained with. This Privacy Statement describes the practices and policies in place to protect information that maybe gathered, used and shared during visits to vici.com, vici.ch, vicidbs.com and vici-jour.com (collectively called the “Sites”) or when you interact with us offline in relation to providing or receiving goods and/or services. VICI is the data controller for the processing of Personal Data under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We will collect and retain personal information appropriate to the service you require, in accordance with the retention periods set out, such as your name, postal address, telephone and fax number, e-mail address, contact and billing information, credit card or other encrypted financial information and history details (order, service/repair history).
When you visit the Sites, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Sites, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Sites, and information about how you interact with the Sites. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Sites.
Log files that may identify you through website navigation will be stored for short time periods for Site improvement, technical security and customer-relationship purposes.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with products and services you request; e.g. to fulfill any orders placed
- To communicate with you if you submit a query or request a quote
- To generally improve our products and other internal business purposes
- To fulfill legal obligations
- To provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services (subscription can be canceled at any time)
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud, and more generally
- To improve and optimize our Sites (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Sites, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage and activity in connection with our Sites.
Whenever we collect credit-card numbers or other financial data, the data is only used for payment processing.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may only share your Personal Information under the following circumstances:
- With our sister companies and affiliates performing services on our behalf or help us with the delivery of our own products and services to you.
- With third-party providers supporting us in our business. For example, we might use Shopify to power our online store - you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site - you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- We may disclose your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
With the exception of the circumstances mentioned above, we do not rent, sell, exchange or in any other way provide personally identifiable information to any third-party organization.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with marketing communications including newsletters, price lists, electronic catalogs, we believe may be of interest to you. You are able to opt out of receiving such messages without any negative effect on your relationship with VICI by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each marketing e-mail. However, please note that opting out will prevent you from receiving announcements, enhancements and general updates. We also reserve the right to contact you when we believe it is necessary, e.g. when required by law. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work .
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the link below:
Additionally, we will also provide you with the opportunity to opt out of some of these services at any time by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Under GDPR you have the right to ask us to access the personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information will be corrected, updated, restricted or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Please note that these rights are limited, for example whenever it is necessary to fulfill contracts we might have with you (e.g. if you place an order), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above, where there are higher-ranking reasons of public interest or when fulfilling your request would adversely affect other individuals or company-trade secrets or intellectual property.
Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by using the contact information below.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
When you contact us through the Sites, we will maintain the information of your request for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Please also refer to section PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
SECURITY OF COMMUNICATIONS
VICI is committed to ensuring the security of your Personal Information. It is kept and controlled by the adoption of appropriate preventive safety measures designed to minimize the risk of loss and destruction, unauthorized access and unauthorized processing.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us using the details provided below:
For Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia:
VICI AG International
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
For North, South, and Central America, Australia and New Zealand:
VICI Valco Instruments
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
P.O. Box 55603, Houston, TX 77255